Disaster Declaration Form for Private Parties to Report Losses from Storms

by Placerville Newswire / Feb 15, 2017 / comments


Due to the recent series of storms and the Governor’s request for a Presidential Major Disaster Declaration for the damage, the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office of Emergency Services is making available an Individual Damage Assessment form. 

The form allows private parties (e.g. individuals, HOA’s, etc.) to track their damage from the storms and it could assist in receiving a Presidential Major Disaster Declaration. However, completing the form does not guarantee any reimbursement for losses due to the storms. It is simply a very thorough method of tracking damage and reporting it to the State and Federal Government. The Individual Damage Assessment form is located on the County’s website under the “Current Topics” icon and is labeled “Private Party Damage Assessment Form”. Click on the link and you can fill out the form electronically or print out the form and complete it by hand.

Please complete the form to the best of your ability and email electronic copies or scanned copies to crawfordt@edso.org or you can drop your form off at the Sheriff’s Office at 300 Fair Lane, Placerville, CA.  If you have any questions about the form please call Deputy Todd Crawford at 530-621-7660.

State of California Emergency Management Agency 


A) Debris Clearance; 
B) Protective Measures; 
C) Road System; 
D) Water Control Facility; 
E) Buildings and Equipment;
F) Public Utility System; 
G) Other. 

(Note: if a single site has more than one category, indicate the category that represents the majority of damage.)

Form PDF